Questions? Call us (859) 341-3017

How do I…

Where is the Police Department located?

Villla Hills Polics is located at 719 Rodgers Road Villa Hills, KY 41017. Our Administrative office phone number is 859.341.3535.

What are your hours of operation?

The Police Department has officers working 24 hours a day to respond to calls for service and assistance. The Administrative Office is open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

What are good examples of when to call 911?
  • Crimes in Progress
  • Life Threatening Situations
  • Fires
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents, major traffic and street obstructions
  • Injuries requiring emergency medical attention
  • Hazardous chemical spills
  • Smoke detector or Carbon Monoxide Detectors sounding
  • Sparking electrical hazards
  • Smoke in a building
  • Any other EMERGENCY or if you aren’t sure, but feel it is serious, CALL 911
What are good examples of when NOT to call 911?
  • Asking directions in the city
  • Inquiring about school openings or closings
  • Questions about any UTILITY OUTAGE (i.e. Power, Water, Cable TV)
  • Reporting a blocked driveway
  • Reporting an obstructed hydrant
  • Questions about snow emergencies or parking bans
  • Reporting a noise complaint
  • Questions about traffic tickets
  • All other NON-EMERGENCY situations
What happens if I hang up before 911 is answered?
At the Kenton County Dispatch Center all the information is displayed even though the caller has hung up. The Center will attempt a call-back to see if there is an emergency. The dispatcher may send a police unit to verify the situation.
What about the babysitter?
When there are no adults at home every child or babysitter should have the following information posted by the phone:

  • A list of emergency numbers
  • Your home phone number and the address
  • Any other contact information (pager numbers, cell phone numbers, neighbors numbers)
Can I call 911 from my Cell Phone? How does it know where to send my call?
Yes, you can use 911 from a cell phone. There are a few things to consider before dialing:


  • The call is free and even works from a charged cell phone that has no service
  • Although cell phone technologies are greatly improving, your call will be routed to the jurisdiction in which the RECEIVING CELL TOWER is standing.

Understanding this, tell the 911 call-taker WHERE YOU ARE and verify that the 911 operator you reach is in the jurisdiction in which you need help before you start giving the emergency data.

What are some examples of things I should call the Kenton County Dispatch telephone number for?

There are countless things you should use the Kenton County Dispatch regular dispatch line 859.356.3191 for, but here are a few guides to follow:


  • To report an incident to the Police Department that does not require the immediate dispatch of an officer to the scene, or when some time has elapsed since the occurrence of the incident, such as reporting an inactive burglary, an inactive theft, that took place some time ago.
  • Minor NON-INJURY accidents.
  • To report a crime that is NOT IN PROGRESS.
  • General NON-EMERGENCY, Non-Life-Threatening situations that clearly need to be handled by police now.
What are some examples of things I should call the Villa Hills Police Administrative telephone number for (859-341-3535)?

Remember that this number is primarily for calls during Office hours 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.


  • To ask questions about policing and criminal law (not legal advise), or help with parking situations, disturbances, speeding complaints, dog trouble, etc.
  • To request records and copies of reports.
  • To inquire about a towed vehicle.
  • To inquire about ordinances and laws.
What do I do if I am a victim of fraud over the internet?

A growing area of crime is on the internet. This is due to both the rapid increasing popularity as well as the vast distance this means of fraud covers. If you are a victim of a scam or fraud over the internet, contact the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC).

I filed a report with an officer. How do I get a copy of this report?

Reports can be obtained from the Police Clerk during administrative hours.

How much does it cost for a copy of my report?

The report is free for individuals involved in the accident, incident, etc. The report will cost $5.00 for insurance companies and lawyers. The report can be obtained online at, you will need the following information:


  • Date of Accident
  • Last Name
  • Local Code
  • Badge # (of officer that took the report)
  • Agency ORI # 0591200
I received a City Citation? What are my options?
  • You may pay by check or money order via mail.
  • You may pay in person at the Villa Hills City Building at 720 Rodgers Road Villa Hills, KY 41017.
  • You may speak to the Police Chief about it.
  • You may contest it by requesting a hearing by writing the Villa Hills Hearing Board within five (5) days of the citation date at 719 Rodgers Road, Villa Hills, Kentucky 41017. You are entitled to appeal the hearing board’s determination within five (5) days of the determination to the Kenton County District Court. Failure to request a hearing will make the determination final.
What do you need to bring with you to pick up property from the department evidence room?

You will need a valid picture Identification card and your case number.

Do I need an appointment to pick up property from the evidence room?

Yes. You will need to contact the Property Room Officer and make an appointment for the release of the property. The property is secured and can only be released by the Property Room Officer.

If I need to transport a gun in my vehicle, how do I do this legally?

The gun should be unloaded and in the trunk of the vehicle.

Does the department do fingerprints for the purposes of employment and licensing?


What happens after I file a written report about an incident?

The department reviews each report written to insure completeness and sufficient information to conduct a follow-up investigation. If the case is a felony the case it is transferred to the Detective for further development. If it is a misdemeanor the officer is expected to follow-up on the case. Both the officers and detective are expected to make contact with the victim at regular intervals and let them know the progress of the case.

How can I speak to the detective/officer assigned to my case?

Call 859.341.3535 and your call will be directed to the right person or email the officer who made the report.

If an incident occurred in another city, can I still report it in Crescent Springs?

No. Any report you make regarding an incident, must be made in the city in which the incident occurred.

How do I get a uniform shoulder patch?

At this time we currently do not honor these requests due to the cost of patches and the issues caused by the events of 9/11. We are sorry that we cannot honor your requests.

Who can I call about solicitors coming to my house or business to see if they are credible?

You can call the City Building at 859.341.3017, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, to see whether or not person(s) are authorized to solicit within the city limits of Crescent Springs or are a legitimate organization

Who do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?

All information about people in jail can be obtained by calling the Kenton County Detention Center at 859.363.2400.

Is it possible to get an extra patrol due to a temporary issue (i.e. funeral, domestic issue, etc.) or have a vacation check done while away on vacation?

Yes. Please call 859.341.3535, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If the Administrative office is closed you may call 859.356.3191 and ask to speak with a Villa Hills officer.

How do I deal with an animal that has been hurt or endangered?
  • If you see a loose dog or other animal, contact the owner if you know who they are. If you do not know who owns the animal, contact the Kenton County Dispatch Center at 859-356-3191 and they will contact Animal Control.
  • Keep children inside. Wait for Animal Control to catch the animal before going outside.
  • Do not pick up or touch injured animals. A bite from an animal may necessitate medical treatment for the injury and shots for rabies. This is especially true if the animal runs away before it can be caught and tested.
  • If you know the animal and it is familiar with you, try to contain it to a fenced yard. Avoid pulling on it. If you injure it, it may bite you.
What should I do if I'm involved in a collision?

If you are involved in a minor collision where there are no visible signs of injury to persons involved and the vehicles are drivable then move your vehicle out of the traveled portion of the roadway. Cars left in the road contribute to traffic back-ups, which can cause other collisions. After you are safely out of the way, call the police 859.356.3191 and exchange driver information.

Trash and Recyclables Collection

The City provides waste collection once a week by private contract with Rumpke of Cincinnati, Ohio. Brush must be bundled and cut into section no longer than 4 feet and weigh less than 75 pounds. All containers must be so one man can handle them. If there are any large items or brush please call Rumpke at 513.242.4401 for a separate pickup.


Recyclables are: corrugated cardboard, newspapers, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, beverage cans, vegetable, fruit and juice cans. Red recycle bins are available at the City Building.

For residents of apartment complexes or condominiums, please check with the your management for trash and recycling collection information.

Dogs and Cats

The City has a Leash Law, this requires the licensing of all dogs and cats in the city. License can be obtained at the Kenton County Animal Shelter. The cost is $5.00. The registration and license period shall be between January 1st and December 31st of each year.

City Tax Bills

Property tax bills are mailed at the end of September, and delinquent November 1st. If you have any questions or if you do not receive your bill, please call the City Clerk at 859.341.3017.  All bills are mailed directly to the property owners. Many mortgage companies have contacted our office to get the payment due information and we have given that via fax or phone. Tax role is furnished with the name of the homeowner of record as of January 1st of the present year. Remember that is your responsibility to obtain your tax bill. Please call if you do not receive your bill.

Homestead or Disability Exemption

If you are a homeowner residing in the home and are 65 years of age you may be eligible to receive the Homestead Exemption on your property tax bill. If you are a homeowner with a disability you may be eligible to receive the Disability Exemption on your property tax bill. Please contact the Property Valuation Administrator’s office at 859.392.1750 to apply. You do not need to apply for this exemption with the City of Crescent Springs; if approved by the PVA office, you will automatically receive the deduction on your city tax bill.

Building Permits

Building permits and questions on zoning will be handled through the Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS). Before you do any remodeling, add a fence, swimming pool, shed or etc. contact  PDS at 859.331.8980.

Other Questions?

5 + 9 =


May 2022

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
  • Events Committee Meeting
  • CANCELED Public Works Committee Meeting
  • Caucus Meeting 6pm
  • Villa Hills Safety Committee
  • Human Rights Commission
  • Crescent-Villa Fire Authority Committee
  • Finance Committee Meeting 4:30pm
  • Kenton County Veterans Memorial 5K Run
  • Farmers Market
  • Council Meeting 6pm
  • Veterans Memorial Ceremony
Highlights info row image 739 Buttermilk Pike
Crescent Springs, Kentucky 41017

Highlights info row image  (859) 341-3017
Highlights info row image Hours  M-F 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

A Message From the Police Chief


4 + 2 =